Sunday, February 1, 2009

Golden

The capsule breathed its last before its death
And unrelenting, closed before the chance
And ruthless bitter time steals every breath
A guilty trail ingrained, a hopeless trance

For what a dream would time unfurl and bend
And wash these bloody hands of sinful scars
A heart of strangled morals with no mend
All virtues, young, naïve, behind steel bars

Persistent were the words of deep regrets
And desperate were my cries to feel again
One thoughtless act insures eternal debts
An honest youth, such cruelty doubtful then

The world, no longer round, revolves 'bout me
A shadow in the brightest day breaks free

---------------------------------------------

Good February, world

It has come to my attention that I have taken my hiatus too far... one whole month... of allowing this blog to become burdened with my counterpart's depressed and depressing depression. (just playin). I would say that I was busy or out of town but really, who am I lying to? So the truth: I'm a fat, lazy, and worthless slob.

My life? Nothing really. My days are filled with gaming... reading... thinking about homework... not doing it... assassin...... that's pretty much it. I could say more about my deceptively busy schedules but I'll leave all that whining for another day.

My weekend was pretty entertaining, I suppose. Yesterday, I went to the epic basketball game against Monta Vista High school (BOOOOO) on their turf, though the game was almost like a Lynbrook game. The turnout was amazing. We lost by a tantalizing 11 points, but the game meant more than that. 11 points? Whatever. At least we don't have to wear purple pants. But still, it was pretty amazing. Disappointing, yes, but fun. I got to scream my frustrations out- unleash all the vulgar profanities. I've really been missing out, haven't I?

Today, I went to Lynbrook to help out with residency verification. We were directed to come 45 minutes before our shift at 1 to have lunch with all the volunteers and such, which was quite pleasant, I suppose. So much food! And then we started, and there was this sudden influx of people gushing in and we were pretty busy, though I initially had a pretty sucker job of just checking how many chairs were open in each room. But after some shift switching, it was a bit more exciting. I think I've become pro at saying: "Hello. I will take your folder and ticket and you can just take a seat inside the room." Very pleasant.

Then I came home and watched Lie To Me, a new show on Fox (yeah, who knew Fox could have so many kickass shows), and I have to say, I now have something to look forward to on Wednesdays. This show is phenomenal!

And then I watched Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (FUNNY), and now I am here shaking me leg because I kind of have to pee.

But before I go, I just want to say that I hope this epidemic dies down soon. Everyone is sick nowadays and I just feel so conscious of germs all the time. (and forks.)

PEACE!

p.s: if you are ever bored, have a butler fetish, and like watching ridiculous Japanese dramas, this is the thing for you!

p.p.s: Slumdog Millionaire = very good

p.p.p.s: note to self- watch Milk