Saturday, August 9, 2008

exhilaration

It's too bad that I passed out at around 9 30 pm last night and I didn't get to watch all of the opening ceremony because I have never felt so completely overwhelmed with emotions and exhilaration. I could feel my heart synchronizing with the beats of the 2008 drums and I teared when the kids came out with all their cultural costumes and soldiers. I mean, I remember watching the opening ceremony every Olympic game but I have never felt the presence of so much unity and passion and dedication. I think last night I fully understood the meaning of the Olympic games and, specifically, the significance of this 2008 Olympic to Chinese people. I have always watched the Olympics with half an eye since I never had much interest in sports but I realized Olympics isn't just a bunch of countries competing for some medals. It's every country from around the world joining as one under the same roof and it's China proving themselves to everyone watching and it's a moment for new heroes to shine and prosper.

all I'm trying to say is that the opening ceremony was FUCKING BEAUTIFUL and FUCKING MIND BLOWING.

AND SPEAKING OF MIND BLOWING?

What is happening in the world?! Bernie Mac dead? Edwards had an affair? Russia raged war on Georgia? JOSHUA won so you think you can dance?!

WORLD'S GONE MAD

but what's really gone mad is ECYS IN THE H-ZIZZLE.
like I have NEVER enjoyed ecys camp so thoroughly. I mean who would enjoy 8 hours of violin or cello or any orchestra instrument so much.

BUT MAN IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.
i'd say more but I'll leave that up to jacqueline to do alone with the FTTS post.

SOOOOOOOOO
PEACE OUT
BUT NOT SINCE RUSSIA IS GOING FREAKING APESHIT! WTF?!