Friday, August 15, 2008

rachel is lazy, but i forgive her

I forgive you for everything, Rachel- girl with A.D.D., because you are still on Chapter 1 of AP Gov summer homework and Chapter 5 of Catch-22 (last I checked, which was yesterday). Please, get a move on.

On another note, I myself am screwed for gov simply because the book repels me. Not as much as Rachel, no, but nonetheless, I am far, far from done- maybe 200 pages off + the supplemental reading. Which brings me to this case: how can one lady be so absurdly enticed by the Constitution that she feels the need to annotate every word and consequently blow up one document into a fairly thick novel? And another: how can some of my classmates be so idle as to actually take detailed notes on a book that is already essentially, notes?

Regardless of what people like to do in their spare time, I am currently working on my personal statement for college apps at Admissions Academy. I am sorry to say that I think that out of all the students at the center, I am the farthest behind. As I sneakily sneak a peek at everyone's screens, I see that no one plays Pacman as I do, no one is constantly opening up the browser to email. In fact, everyone has a word document pulled up, full of text, and painstakingly typing at 234098 rpm. I am the A.D.D. princess of this lovely institution.

I am also sick... or I have extensive allergies that make me what to rip my skin off, claw out my eyeballs, and replace my nose with one that if fully functioning. I am hoping my unhealthy symptoms are not due to the latter because knowing that allergies, an inherent facet of my life, are causing me so much agony and will do so for the rest of my existence is just too much for me to handle.

My cousin recently immigrated from Asia just last week. No, she is not here to visit; she is here to stay. At a tender age of 17, soon to be 18 on September first... I admire her courage and sheer will. I would never be able to stick myself in a foreign land with my inadequate foreign language skills and be prepared to live there. Forever. And get a foreign education, a foreign job, a foreign husband, and foreign-ly procreate. Kudos!

I will now depart to allow my counselor dissect my writing.