Thursday, May 29, 2008

the stream of consciousness

This isn't really a stream of consciousness. At least, I'm hoping it won't be, but I don't plan out what I'm going to say before I click "new post" so we will see what unfolds.

Two days ago, we had a fetal pig dissection during biology. I thought that I'd be at least half grossed out, but I surprisingly had an uncanny fascination with ripping out the pig's organs. I am proud to say that I ripped out its heart with the minute assistance of my lab mates! Actually, I don't really remember how much we all contributed to this region of the specimen's body, but I can say that I played a fairly big role. Our entire lab group really wanted to check out the brain, though (we did not receive directions to do so and therefore, being the good students we are, failed to make a single incision into the skull.) Unfortunate.

I apologize, but there are no photos available... I did see a student snapping away at his camera, but I think that was for our teacher's future powerpoints or something.

Anyhow... I have been regularly seeing my chiropractor about two times a week for about a month now. My most recent appointment was on Tuesday when it was declared that I only had to visit the clinic once a week! Karma became the llama and during third period today, my neck spazzed and my head remained tilted (to the right) for hours before I sped home during the lunch period, popped two advils, and put myself to bed for 20 minutes. I am happy to say that when I rose from my slumber, my neck could manage to stay straight, though I was still in pain (and I continue to strain now.)

Good news has to come sometime and I am happy to announce that a date for my court appearance, regarding the traffic ticket I received in April, has been established. Still in a few weeks or so, specifically, the day before my birthday, I will be meeting the judge and jury (or whomever) and will, hopefully, reduce my fine.

AND according to my lit teacher, I have a knack for poetry. I will be off to write my prose in a stream of consciousness within the 30 minutes I have before orchestra dress rehearsal.

PS) My brother is home from college!